“Finally, and after several very hard months and many hours of work, I have actually made a project that had been around in my head since 2013 when I finished the famous Red Baron in Miami (USA), although with so much crossing the puddle that separating the USA from Spain, it has been very difficult to focus on a Cafe Racer project like this, ”Fran Manen (owner of Lord Drake Kustoms) tells us.
Fran explains: “You can’t imagine the emotion and nervousness I feel every time I approach this motorcycle, which I have finally finished .. I don’t believe it! I still feel a tilt in my stomach when I see her.
This work is the summary of a stage of my life, my concerns and my aspirations, a cafe racer tribute dedicated to all those people who during all this time have been part of my family, social or work environment … and that I have decided capture it on a motorcycle. We wanted to pay tribute to the famous “Boardtracker” with that peculiar style, so vintage, but giving it a current look; and I think the resulting mix has lived up to our expectations … at least it’s something totally different.
“We wanted to pay tribute to the famous” Board-tracker “with that peculiar style, so vintage, but giving it a current look”
The colin, the tank, the handlebars, the back, the front mask, the fender or the front grille; These are some of the pieces that have been made exclusively for this motorcycle. Note that all wiring is internal (inside the handlebar, chassis, etc., etc.). In addition to the endless details, the Twin Cam engine has been embellished with a set of transparent covers, with leather details on the footrests, handlebars or on the front face itself with the integrated headlamp.
The number “76” was very easy to choose. For such a special motorcycle it could only be a number with special significance, and what better than the year of birth of a very important person for me and responsible for Lord Drake Kustoms being today what he is: my wife.
“The acceptance and response of the public with this motorcycle is being incredible, to the point that it has already received two orders to make two units with a design similar to that of the“ Envy ”
This cafe racer motorcycle was finished on March 10 (LDK owner’s birthday) … “Best impossible gift,” Fran tells us. It was presented to the public a few days later in Spain in the Motor Show “MotoMadrid 2016” at the stand and by the magazine “Biker Zone” and “Classic Motorcycle”. In the coming months (and if it is not sold before) a small tour of LDK promotion events in Europe (Paris, London, Slovenia, Austria or Germany) will be some of the places where “ENVY” and Lord Drake Kustoms will be present during 2016). Fran tells us that the acceptance and response of the public with this motorcycle is being incredible, to the point that he has already received two orders to make two units with a design similar to that of the “Envy”, which will go to English lands and the East Next.
And remember: “Envy” is bad, very bad, “envy” kills. Don’t envy anything or anyone, just work hard and everything will come … transform envy into inspiration and motivation … that’s the secret!
- Base: Harley-Davidson Fat Boy 2001
- Engine: H-D 1450 cc a Twin Cam carburetion
- Modifications in …
- Chassis and swingarm.
- Transmission converted to chain.
- Hydraulic clutch.
- Inside wiring of handlebars and chassis (clutch, accelerator, brakes, electrical installation, etc.).
- Front suspension: Change of bars, bottles, internal springs and +3 seatposts.
- Rear suspension: Lowering kit.
- Wheels: Fat Daddy wheels 21 “front and 18” rear.
- Exhaust and air filter.
- Handlebars, hand controls, odometers, switches and indicator lights.
- Fuel tank, rear seat, seat.
- Oil tank and hoses.
- Transparent covers in motor and primary.
- Front mask made of metal and lined in leather.
- Brake discs, front brake caliper.
- Side dorsals, exhaust trim, front numbers.
- Headlamp, rear turn signals on swingarms, front turn signals on seatposts.
- Covers seatposts (Racer) with leather interior.
- Fuel and oil cap.
- Foot controls.
- Paint in tank and colin, powder coating on the rest of the motorcycle; Chrome and gold bath in several pieces and many other things …